Sunday, April 22, 2012

MANGO HALWA

Today is the last day of BM#15 group 1. Thank you Valli for the opportunity. I started the BM with a sweet and I wanted to end the BM also with a sweet. Usually I make Mango milk shake with ice cream and aam papad. I have book marked this recipe from Nithya's blog many days ago. I thought of making this to end the BM.I love the way she presents her recipe, amazing clicks etc. This halwa was so tasty and yum. I used Banganapalli mango for this. Mangoes without fibre are good to make this.



INGREDIENTS

Mango pulp - 2 cups

Sugar - 1 cup

Ghee - 2 tbsp

METHOD

In a blender add roughly chopped mangoes and make puree without adding water.
In  a pan add mango pulp and sugar.






Cook in medium flame until the sugar dissolves and blends nicely. Add the ghee. cook until it leaves the pan and comes in halwa consistency.

 


Grease a dish and pour the halwa. Let it cool . I kept in the refrigerator to set and made pieces.



This entry is taking part in Mango Mania in Pumpkin farm.
MANGO MILKSHAKE WITH A TWIST


21 comments:

The Pumpkin Farm

this is great recipe...very new to me...but i will defnitely try..

mind linking to my event - Mango Mania 99

Priya dharshini

Wow..yummy halwa..never tried this way..

jik

Great work with picture demonstration. I like your way of presentation and thanks for the recipe.

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen

Rich n Creamy Halwa!!!!

Suma Gandlur

Both dishes sound delicious.

Priya Suresh

Glossy halwa looks super yummy and inviting.

Harini R

lovely! anything mango I am in !

MySpicyKitchen

Nice recipe!

Rasi

I miss having mangoes.. now mango as halwa too.. super!

Ongoing Event : WTML

Srivalli

That's a good one with the seasonal fruit!

Chitra

Never tried mango halwa, will try soon :)

Indian Khana

Yum yum ...I want some

Shama Nagarajan

wow...ongoing event http://easy2cookrecipes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/fruit-of-month-grapes-event_02.html

Padmajha

Sounds easy and looks delicious too..

rajani

Such lovely halwa!

preeti garg

Look Awesome.....perfectly made....too yumm!!!!

preeti garg

plz collect ur awards from my blog

http://preeti-kitchen.blogspot.in/2012/04/bunch-of-awards-and-giveaway-part-3.html

Shanthi Krishnakumar

Looks so yumm!! Wonderful with mango and sure would have tasted good too.

Pavani

both of the recipes are very delicious.

Sangeetha Nambi

Love this tangy halwa... First time here, u have great space..

http;//recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

vaishali sabnani

looks ovely does this taste like aampapad?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

Vidhas Kitchen   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP